Re: Colons in upstream version.

* Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> [031101 06:53]:
> I'd be more inclined to fix the tools, personally, or to say that
> "within Debian, we'll translate upstream colons to something else"
> than removing the support from dpkg or changing its meaning.

Sorry, I have problems parsing this. Does this mean you have nothing
against debian-policy stating colons are not allowed (and how they
should be translated) in upstream versions, as long dpkg can still
cope with them for non-Debian packages?

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link
--
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve
nor will he ever receive either. (Benjamin Franklin)