Best practice for component packages descriptions.

Hello Debian folk,

In the interest of improving description and reducing flamage,
I would like to create a ``best practice'' for description of
packages of extension of larger software (think plug-in,
library, add-on, module, etc...).

The question is how we refer to the larger software in the description.

 This module extend the XXX system to allow
 to perform foo and bar operation.

The question is whether the reference to XXX is sufficient
or should we add either :

o The full description of XXX

o A short description of XXX

o A explicit reference to the XXX package like:

(For more detail about the XXX system see the package xxx)

o Something else ?

Cheers,
Bill.