Re: [proposal] Include list of files created in $HOME as a control file

On 03 Jul 2003 20:21:42 -0300, Daniel Ruoso <daniel@ruoso.com> said:

> Hi, This discussion has been started in debian-devel, but as I saw
> that a policy change is needed, I'm bringing it to the correct list.

> Proposal:
>   Include a control file like "conffiles" into the debian package in
>   a way the dotfiles and directories in user's home directory can be
>  easily related to the debian package.

	Right. Then I purge the package, and these files go away. And
 then the user comes around, and the program scratches its head,
 wondering where all the data went.

	What you need is a third party package, that provides an
 interface (scripting, API, etc) to allow packages to register the
 relevant files. (that could be as simple as just be a file created in
 a specific directory in package postinsts)

	manoj
--
Proposed Additions to the PDP-11 Instruction Set: BBW Branch Both Ways
BEW Branch Either Way BBBF Branch on Bit Bucket Full BH Branch and