Re: What is the best way to insert data in a database?

Pedro Salgueiro (2003-05-15 03:37:46 -0700) :

> Hi.

Hello,

> The way I'm inserting data in a Postgresql database is to install
> the sql files in a directory and then in postinst I insert the data
> with psql.  I would like to know if there is a better way to do
> this, I could put the data in postinst script but the sql file is
> very big.

1. Please don't post the exact same message twice.  If it didn't bring
   any interesting answers the first time, it probably won't 21 hours
   later.

2. Please post to an appropriate list.  If your message didn't get any
   interesting answers, maybe you didn't ask the appropriate people.
   In this case, I'd suggest debian-mentors rather than
   debian-policy.  Maybe even debian-devel.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Why did the elephant cross the road?