Re: Dropping/splitting (proper) i386 support

[ nice summary of the various 386 and 486 clones snipped ]

> As someone else mentioned, i386s are vanishing pretty quickly due to
> component failure.  Cheap or discarded 486s are available by the busload
> to replace them, anyway...

Sure.  Since some people are talking about pentium and 686 compatibility as
the logical place to draw the line, it would be interesting to have a table
comparing the features of all of the variants, if there are major
differences.  Although from following the thread on devel the other day
(I'm not subscribed there, just on -policy) it looked like there was no
real momentum behind that idea.  I suppose I should reread the end of the
thread and see what the consensus is now.

Later,
	Dale
--
Dale E. Martin, Clifton Labs, Inc.