Re: Would it be possible for you to send the package to me or tell me where I can download it and recreate the problem. Remember that a simple die "I am dad."; can cause a failure because die writes to st

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Barry Pollock wrote:

> A huge subject line!

> Re: Would it be possible for you to send the package to me or tell me
> where I can download it and recreate the problem. Remember that a simple

Sorry, it's an internal piece of software, not GPL, so I can't.

> die "I am dad."; can cause a failure because die writes to stderr which
> is actually an error. just use a simple print statement and your problem
> may solve its self. otherwise it has nothing to do with perl it is the
> init.d script itself causing the problem. Barry

I'm doing a `set +e, /etc/init.d/blah start; set -e` around the init
script so this shouldn't be an issue.  Sorry I can't include the code.
The init script executes and exits with 0, the perl script runs and
exits with 0.  The rest of the postinst continues on, everything gets
executed but when `exit 0` is called it just hangs like exit was trapped
or something in the environment has been changed by the init/perl that
postinst/frontend doesn't like.

Niall Young                                    Chime Communications Pty Ltd
niall@chime.net.au                            Level 6, 263 Adelaide Terrace
Ph: (+61) 08 9213 1330 / 0408 192 797         Perth, Western Australia 6000

    "Apologies, a long term solution has been found.  February will be
    extended to 30 days to bring it in line with other months."
                                        -- Jock Main, Feb 2003