Re: first batch of restructuring in the policy manual

Hello,

another suggestion:

On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 06:30:08PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> Notably, source packages and binary packages now have their own chapters,
> and in these chapters there's stuff from both the old Debian archive chapter
> and from the "packaging considerations" (a.k.a. miscellaneous) chapter.

The "Chapter 3 - Binary packages" has an initial blurb of text which
ends

   ... Thus, all packages in the Debian distribution must be provided
   in the .deb file format.

Maybe you could add a similar introduction to "Chapter 4 - Source
packages".  I think something along the lines

   ... uses dpkg-source ...  Thus all source packages consist of
   and <var>name</var>.dsc

would make sense.

I hope this helps,
Jochen