Re: Question regarding policy (11.2)

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 11:38:57AM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> b) I didn't respond to it, I responded to emails that seemed to
>    seriously be advocating doubling the number of -dev packages in
>    debian. In particular, I responded to this statement by Jamin W.
>    Collins:
>
>    > On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 10:22:38PM -0800, Brian Nelson wrote:
>    > > Err, sorry.  I was under the impression that Jamin supported moving
>    > > *all* static libraries to separate packages (the "worst case" scenario
>    > > as James said).  Maybe I misunderstood him.
>    >
>    > I do support such a move.  It increases the options available.

Fair enough.

It is also worth noting that (to my knowledge) Jamin Collins is not a
developer and is not actually able to make changes to policy.

So, I think people should pay attention to actual proposals, rather than
paying attention to various musings. In this case, one such post detracted
you from seconding/objecting to...

> Anyway this thread is going nowhere, why don't you make a concrete
> formal policy proposal or something.

...the formal policy proposal which I submitted near the beginning of the
thread, in Message-ID: <[🔎] 20030206105016.GD1901@cibalia.gkvk.hr>.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.