Re: [devel-ref] author/homepage in description

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 01:54:04PM -0600, Steve Greenland wrote:
> > (Besides, that calculation assumes things like all developers doing it and
> > all packages having it.)
>
> That's probably a reasonable assumption.
>
> As soon as such a field exists, some enterprising young person will
> generate wishlist bug reports against every package in the archive that
> doesn't have them, and since it's a reasonable request, probably the
> next upload will have a field. Even packages that don't have a useful
> homepage will have to put something like "Homepage: N/A" to prevent
> repeated stupid bugreports.

Those things can only happen if we phrase policy very, _very_ badly.
I don't believe anyone will do that -- did you notice any bug reports e.g.
about lacking Build-Depends on packages that don't have them? I didn't, and
I have at least one such package.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.