Re: [devel-ref] author/homepage in description

Joy write :
>On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 03:14:15PM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
>> Policy already mandate upstream site in copyright, and it work:
>> try
>> grep '\(f\|ht\)tp://' /usr/share/doc/*/copyright
>>
>> 2) Add link to copyright files in packages.debian.org. I think it is
>> already worked on.
>
>This requires expanding source packages. Doing this for the mere purpose of
>getting the URIs is downright stupid.

[Can it be extracted from the binary packages instead ?]

So you are not interested to add a link to copyright files in
packages.debian.org ?  And you would only go for putting the URL in the
Packages files, so that you do not need to extract packages?

Anyway you have a valid point, but having the data in the binary package
instead of the Packages file would be OK for me.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Ad Majorem Debian Gloriam