Re: should XML/SGML documentation ship with sources

Colin Walters <walters@debian.org> writes:

>    - It would in theory let software like doc-base dynamically generate
> the documentation formats the user desires after installation.

The more I think about this idea of building on install, though, the
more I think it's completely insane.  At least until the XML/SGML
builders out there get much more robust, e.g., figure conversion, etc.
Even so, it's rather akin to building from C source on install.