Re: TrueType fonts, Type1 fonts, X, and the FHS

> Did anything ever come of this?

Last I heard was this text, attached to bug #109490:

  Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 01:06:24 +0000
  From: Robert McQueen <robot101@debian.org>
  To: 109490@bugs.debian.org

  [clip]

  I have spoken to Overfiend on IRC about this bug... essentially:
  <Overfiend> What Eric Sharkey says is correct.
  <Overfiend> I did make a policy proposal that would legitimize
  /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType
  <Overfiend> however, no one seconded it and we were frozen anyway
  <Robot101> but it didn't make it in?
  <Overfiend> I suspect it will go through anyway

  [clip]

Eric