Re: /usr/doc

On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 01:07, Joey Hess wrote:

[script should not blow away local issues or modifications]

> None of that should probably be blown away. Deleting all symlinks and
> then checking what's left and either giving up or taking some smart
> action with the remainder, perhaps?

Do we really have to enforce the FHS on users' systems? If we remove all
the symlinks in /usr/doc (which should be all that is in there from
up-to-date Debian packages, right?), check if /usr/doc is empty, and
remove it if so, shouldn't that be enough?

There's no reason even to ask if the admin wants to blow away /usr/doc,
IMO. The base-files' NEWS.Debian could mention that /usr/doc is now no
longer part of Debian, and anything in it can be removed or moved
elsewhere with no ill effects on any Debian packages.

--
Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net> <drew@debian.org>

"This particular group of cats is mostly self-herding." -- Bdale Garbee