RFC: a more sensible structure for policy

Debian-policy is a long document. It is often difficult to find what
you want, but that should be the concern of another thread.

What I'm proposing is a structure for each section that is
 - shorter
 - easier to read
 - better defines (as in less ambiguity) the importance (must, should,
   suggested, etc) of a given policy

It's really quite simple so I'll just say it:

Each section of policy should be written as a set of bullet points
divided by importance: _must_, _should_ and _may_. This may be
followed by a some text giving the rationale for a given rule (or
set of rules).

The bullet points should be short and only concern a single idea -
explanatory material can go in the rationale section.
The bullet points could be numbered. My only concern with that
is potential confusion if people are looking at different versions.

For example:
0.999 How Policy is written
  Every policy
  A. must:
    - be short
    - consise
  B. should:
    - make sense
  C. may:
    - be entertaining (highly unlikely, but let's keep the possibility
      there)

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org