Re: web browser url viewing proposal

Joey Hess wrote:
> My proposal adds:
>
> - /usr/bin/x-www-browser alternative formalized in policy
> - /usr/bin/www-browser alternative added for non-X browsers
> - /usr/bin/sensible-browser, presumably to debianutils, a sample
> implementation attached to this message understands BROWSER,
> and can use www-browser or x-www-browser as fallback
> - programs that want to open an url in a browser can call
> sensible-browser or check BROWSER themselves with fallback

I second this proposal, especially since I proposed a sensible-browser
program one year and a half ago in
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2001/debian-devel-200104/msg00300.html>
and the problems I intended to resolve are still in woody.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

There is no record of the ballombe@debian.org package, and no bugs have been