Re: G2D problem with window managers

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 08:10:08PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> > FYI this priority is defined by the Policy. You can't increase this
> > priority for your convenience.
>
> Ugh.  I consider that a bug in policy.  It should allow more discretion
> for the individual maintainers.
>
> Or at least it should say something like "If the window manager complies
> with the Window Manager Specification Project, developed by the Free
> Desktop Group, then add 30 points."
>
> If that makes sense to people, I'll propose a policy amendment to that
> effect.

If you wanna take the time to write the necessary changes to the policy
language, you can count me as a second.  It's imporant that the emerging
standards be emphasised.  They are being created for a reason, after all.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>       My opinions are always right

Windows: Where do you want to go today?
MacOS: Where do you want to be tomorrow?
Linux: Are you coming or what?
        -- Linux Journal