Re: command -v in postinsts violating policy

> Does Debian explicitly support such a configuration?  That's the point.
> I can symlink /bin/sh to /usr/bin/tcsh or /usr/bin/X11/XFree86 if I
> want, but that doesn't mean that the Debian packaging infrastructure
> offers to it for me via a debconf question, update-alternatives, or some
> similar mechanism.

This is relevant how?  Policy is not being followed.  In sid, we can
easily change policy, or we can easily change package scripts.

In woody, anyone who links /bin/sh to a shell allowed by debian-policy,
whether Debian zsh or a shell which they have compiled themselves, may
be suddenly deprived of installed documentation and other random things.