Re: Java Policy.

On 12 May 2002, Jim Pick wrote:

> Also, as the upstream kaffe maintainer, I'd really like it if for each
> package that was stuck in contrib because kaffe can't run it (eg.
> unimplemented APIs, etc), there was a "wishlist" bug filed against kaffe
> stating how it fails.  I suppose that goes for the other JVMs too.
> Maybe that could be worked into the policy?

Er, no, this should not be part of policy.

Policy should not mention any software, unless absolutely nescessary.  And
this is not a nescessary reason.

Ie, if this was done, it should be done for all free virtual machines, not
just kaffe.  Kaffe, while being the one of the first, if not the first, is
just another vm, amoung several others.