Re: Release cycle information - resolved...

Good day,

> > I am researching the Debian release cycle.
> > Where can I find information about how long time there should be
> > between a Stable release and the next Testing freeze?
> > I have searched the Debian web site and the mailings lists, but I
> > have not found any such information.

I got my information.

According to the Debian Developer's Reference; Chapter 5
The Debian Archive; Section 5.6.1 Stable, testing, and unstable;
Paragraph 4, the Release Manager defines the development period
between a Stable release and the next freeze:

"After a period of development, once the release manager deems fit,
the testing distribution is frozen..."

In other words, there is no fixed development period.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards
Johnny Ernst Nielsen :o)