Re: Using deb packages to release proprietary software

On Mar 15, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Daniel Ruoso <daniel@ruoso.com> writes:
>
> > I want to publish the software in different stages (unstable, testing,
> > frozen and stable, just like debian itself), because I will have
> > machines testing each distribution.
> >
> > Finally, the question is...
> > What's the better strategy to publish packages in the four dists?
>
> I would urge people not to spend their effort helping people publish
> non-free software.

I would urge people not to spend their effort responding to messages
they obviously have no interest in.

To answer Daniel's question: a separate directory for each stage is
probably sufficient; you can run dpkg-scanpackages on each directory
to generate a Packages file, and use symlinks for identical packages.
Unless you have a lot of packages or feel like setting up a RDBMS for
your own entertainment, pools are overkill.

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <cnlawren@olemiss.edu> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/

Instructor and Ph.D. Candidate, Political Science, Univ. of Mississippi
208 Deupree Hall - 662-915-5765