Re: Should debian policy require to use debconf for postinst scripts?

On Monday, December 10, 2001 9:46 AM, Mark Brown <broonie@sirena.org.uk> wrote:

>Of course.  Thing is that that's an awful lot of hassle and rather
>offputting so people still want that big stick that would save them
>grinding through it for stuff that really ought to be obvious.

Do you not agree that because of the reasons already identified, particularly:
* debconf is still relatively young
* lets put our energies where they will be most productive
that we should put this item on a too-be-revisited-at-[Year][Month][Date] list, and let the issue sleep.

Best regards,
Lloyd