Re: LSB Status

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 02:11:14AM -0800, Grant Bowman wrote:
> It seems to me that a natural step would be to update the policy to
> reflect the FHS 2.2 and add LSB 1.0.  Is this already in progress?

I'm not sure if there's any sort of "official" position on this, but
mine is that the LSB isn't in a position to be supported yet, "1.0"
version number or not. When there are some sample "foo.lsb" packages
that can actually be installed on Red Hat systems (let alone all "LSB
compliant" systems) it might be worth thinking about this.

Cheers,
aj

 "Security here. Yes, maam. Yes. Groucho glasses. Yes, we're on it.
   C'mon, guys. Somebody gave an aardvark a nose-cut: somebody who
    can't deal with deconstructionist humor. Code Blue."
		-- Mike Hoye,
		      see http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/armadillos.txt