frontends [Was: debconf dilemma]

Brian> 1. some front ends display the information at the wrong time,
Brian> and require manually pressing enter to acknowledge, so you see
Brian> the verbose information (which may not even be important)
Brian> before you get asked the question.

Joey> There's really nothing I can do about this in the context of the
Joey> dialog drontend. Dialog is a very limiting tool.

BTW, am I the only one who actually prefers the dialog frontend to the
slang one?

The one and only reason is that there's no way to scroll the help text
in the slang frontend.  I often run apt from text mode, and too many
debconf items (debconf/priority among them) have help text that doesn't
fit on my screen (112x40).

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
The easiest way to win an argument: ridicule your opponent's basic