error in chapter 9?

Hello,

I was re-reading the first section of chapter 9 (policy version
3.5.6.0).  The penultimate paragraph

    Any package installing shared libraries in one of the default
    library directories of the dynamic linker (which are currently
    /usr/lib and /lib) or a directory that is listed in
    /etc/ld.so.conf[29] must call ldconfig in its postinst script if
    the first argument is configure and should call it in the postrm
    script if the first argument is remove.

is clear.  However, the next paragraph goes on to say

    However, postrm and preinst scripts must not call ldconfig in the
                        ^^^^^^^
Shouldn't this say *post*inst?  It sounds like a continuation of
the previous paragraph, and nowhere else is preinst mentioned.

    case where the package is being upgraded (see Details of unpack
    phase of installation or upgrade, Section 6.5 for details), as
    ldconfig will see the temporary names that dpkg uses for the files
    while it is installing them and will make the shared library links
    point to them, just before dpkg continues the installation and
    renames the temporary files!

In fact, my understanding is that the preinst is run before
unpacking so running "ldconfig" in the preinst should be
safe (albeit useless).

-Steve
 (cc's appreciated as I'm not on d-policy)

--
by Rocket to the Moon,
by Airplane to the Rocket,