Re: calling MAKEDEV from postinst

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

>> Does dpkg et al. have something similar, and if not, would it be
>> considered something useful?  I can try to get/provide details if
>> it would be helpful.
>
>No we don't, and I consider it bloat in the package manager.

I havent decided wether I like the idea or not..  Have to wait
and see I guess.

>We can already have devices inside a package iirc, and creating
>them in the postinst is a better approach.

If they are owned by a package, it does seem like a good approach
I guess.  I'll have to see why this isn't considered currently.

Thanks,
TTYL

Mike A. Harris                  Shipping/mailing address:
OS Systems Engineer             190 Pittsburgh Ave., Sault Ste. Marie,
XFree86 maintainer		Ontario, Canada, P6C 5B3
Red Hat Inc.                    Phone: (705)949-2136
http://www.redhat.com		ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris