Shared libs vs. plugins.

Moi!

In the process of packaging the sound editor glame, I noticed this
small issue: Glame (and other packages like xmms for example) makes use
of plugins that are dlopen()ed on demand at runtime. Those plugins are
compiled and linked as shared libs, but obviously, one does not want to
create a shlibs file for them as they are strictly tied to the ABI of
one particular package. Lintian, however, doesn't know how to distinguish
between shared libs and plugins, and complains loudly about a missing
shlibs on the plugins. For now I added a lintian overrides for this,
but Sean asked me to bring up discussion here to clarify what lintian should
treat as shared lib in the future in order to properly solve this issue.
Any ideas?

Best regards,

Daniel.