Re: only release packages that have maintainers?

    Adrian> On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Brian Russo wrote:

    Adrian> I'm willing to spend some time on the packages that are
    Adrian> orphaned, it doesn't matter if they are officially
    Adrian> maintained by QA or by me. Has anyone a good reason why
    Adrian> it's bad when I take care of these packages instead of
    Adrian> seeing them getting removed? I can't see the benefits when
    Adrian> we get rid of let's say 50 packages.

No, you actually seem to be doing a good job as far as I can tell, so
have at it.

What you need to realize (and probably do) is that you have finite
time and that if after a while you no longer have time to maintain the
packages you have adopted you need to either find someone else to take
care of them or ask for their removal.  If Debian grows for ever and
people sometimes orphan packages, then you will eventually be faced
with either finding someone else who like you wants to see packages
stay in Debian or choosing some packages to remove.  So long as you
are willing to remove the packages if you fail to find someone who can
take care of them, then I think you're providing a useful service to
the community.