Re: Incorporating packaging manual in policy

Previously Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	I had already talked to Wichert about this before uploading
>  the policy with packaging aspects subsumed, and he took over the
>  packaging manuals dpkg documentation role. (Correct me I I
>  mis remember, Wichert).

Correct.

> 	So I suspect that the packaging manyual shall reappear soon in
>  a dpkg-doc package, at which point policy can start conflicting with
>  old versions of the policy manual.

Indeed. I've started writing a dpkg reference manual that will replace
the packaging manual. It's going to be a completely new document though
that includes the info from the packaging manual, and until I have that
reasonably complete I would like to keep the current packaging manual
around.

I'll upload a new version with a changed maintainer field tomorrow
for the meantime.

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@cistron.nl                  http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |