Re: Directing Debian users to use project BTSes - should we?

On Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 12:13:54AM -0800, Seth Arnold wrote:

> Hmm. While I certainly appreciate what Chris and Herbert are saying, I
> don't think all packages are created equal in this respect. Pity for the
> poor mozilla maintainer who must forward all of my mozilla bugreports to
> mozilla's bug tracking system

Well, I'm not sure if it's technically allowed or not, but I'm sure
Frank would allow you to forward the reports yourself, since you, at
least, probably know what you're doing.  My point remains, however,
that we want to have bugs (especially important bugs) in our BTS, even
if they are forwarded to someone else.  And it's really nobody's
business whether or not we (or I, for that matter) keep lists of bugs,
as long as we do forward the ones that should be forwarded.

(And Frank knew, or should have known, that the job was dangerous when
he took it! :-)

> IMHO, $0.02, etc. (By now, someone out there ought to have at least a
> dollar's worth of my opinions... anyone want to send that dollar to me?
> :)

With all the inflation in the world, it's nice that the price of
opinions has remained steady for so long.  :-)

cheers
--
Chris Waters      |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org  |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single