Re: [jfs@dat.etsit.upm.es: radiusd-freeradius: This package is not Debian native]

    Javier> (please keep me in CC: since I'm not in the list) I have
    Javier> submitted this bug and the maintainer argues against
    Javier> packaging it in a Debian non-native version. Could you
    Javier> please guys point me to where the policy states this
    Javier> explictly?  I was pretty sure policy had a paragraph
    Javier> regarding that software *not written for Debian* should be
    Javier> package in a non-native way (diff included) but I seem to
    Javier> find only vague references regarding native and non-native
    Javier> packages in debain policy, not a clear description of
    Javier> which is which....

Note that even if he adds a .diff.gz, there is nothing that requires
the .orig.tar.gz to be bit-for-bit identical to something upstream
gives out.  There are some cases that require you to remove something
from upstream sources.  Some times the upstream distributes multiple
tarfiles and you need to either combine them or use dbs.