Software Licenced Under a Specific Version of GPL

Hello,

I've packaged a piece of my own software which is licenced under GNU
GPL version 2. I'm not yet a Debian developer but a developer is going
to advocate. One of the things he asked me to do was to ask from
debian-policy what to do in situations like this.

lintian complains:

$ lintian -i dbmanage_1.0.1-3_i386.changes
E: dbmanage: copyright-file-contains-full-gpl-license
N:
N:   The copyright file /usr/share/doc/<pkg>/copyright contains the
N:   complete text of the GPL. It should refer to the file
N:   /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL instead.
N:   Refer to Policy Manual, section 13.6 for details.
N:

I don't like the idea of licencing my software under a licence I
cannot know because it doesn't even exist so I tend to use GPL version
2.

So should I just ignore the error message or should there be file
/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2?

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -w --                           Ari Makela <hauva@iki.fi> #
#                                                 http://arska.org/hauva/ #

# "Sailing is, after all, a kind of grace, a kind of magic." - Phil Berman