Re: Moving Policy to Docbook

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 02:08:08PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
>   	Now that I am back home (well, at least until USENIX), I am
>  have a modicum of time to spend on policy stuff. Given that policy is
>  supposed to be mostly frozen (barring bug fixes), I'm going to start
>  the process of converting policy into docbook format. If anyone has
>  done any programmatic transforms from debiandoc to DocBook, this is a
>  good time to speak up and be heard.
>
> 	Otherwise, it is time to gird up ones loins and reformat
>  everything, and make sure that the pring and HTML transforms work.
>
> 	No normative changes to policy are intended during this
>  process.

I'm happy to add Chris's bug-fix and a couple of other small niceties
for release 3.5.5.1 as long as Manoj is OK with that.

The one important thing that will need changing is that the testing
scripts are probably (hopefully) going to move back to severity
'critical' from 'emergency' to match dpkg-dev >= 1.9.11 at some point
in the very near future, so the footnote about this needs changing.

Manoj: the CVS command 'cvs diff' will probably be very useful for
tracking any of these small changes.  Thanks for your work on this!

   Julian

         Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, Queen Mary, Univ. of London
       Debian GNU/Linux Developer,  see http://people.debian.org/~jdg
  Donate free food to the world's hungry: see http://www.thehungersite.com/