Re: [control] continuation lines on relation fields ?

Le sam, mar 17, 2001, à 12:27:41 +0100, Wichert Akkerman a écrit:
> Previously Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
> >  I've got an interpretation problem: can relationship fields be written
> > on multiple lines ?
>
> Looking at the dpkg parsing code, yes. Which makes sense, considering
> we are dealing with RFC822 syntax.

So it could be a good idea to explicitely allow that in the Policy, section
7.1 ?

I think it would be very useful if DebPol section 3.2 began with an
informative table of all fields which can happen in a debian/control file,
with links to the relevant (normative) section for details, a very short
description of the kind of data (such as
string/version/versioned_name/relationship/...), the paragraph it can happen
in (source/binary) and a list of flags
(Multi-Line-Allowed/Multi-Line-Mandatory/Optional/Mandatory/....).

I'd be willing to tackle this, but my first version will obviously be wrong.

	-- Cyrille

--
Grumpf.