Re: seeking resolution to issues I have raised

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 10:21:44AM -0800, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> what to do about shared objects that are not meant to be linked against, i.e.
> plugins?

If a .so is not meant to be linked against and is not in a directory for
shared libraries (e.g. the linker path), it's not a shared library and it
doesn't have to abide by the rules for shared libraries.

(I really wonder how many more times will this have to be restated until the
existing practice is finally documented in Policy.)