request for guidance

Since suidregister was removed, packages are now allowed to ship items with the
set[gs]id flag on.  This is currently a lintian warning.  I have considered
removing it (and bugs ask me to do so) however I am not sure it is the right
thing to do.  The warning lets the developer know that they are shipping
possibly hazardous/security threatening/will cause bugs later items.  So, do I
leave it and let people use overrides?  Or do i remove them and hope the rest
of debian does not miss an accidental permission setting from upstream?