Re: packages with really old standards version

Joey Hess wrote:
> Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > And more serious: If you want to force the upgrade of the standards
> > version you must file 579 RC bugs on these packages.
>
> I would be happy to do that to tell the truth, if it meant we got half
> of them updated to current standards before the freeze.
>
> (I had pretty good luck with a recent filing of 80-some rc bug reports
> on app-defaults files)

Reading the rest of the thread, I sense there's a consnsensus that it'd be
ok to file such bugs if they weren't rc, at least. So 578 priority
normal bugs coming right up unless someone tells me otherwise.

(Bet, apt 0.5 has Standards-Version: 3.1.1 :-)

--
see shy jo, whose package release scripts cheat by updating the
            standards-version the the currently-installed version of policy