help on a request that lintian know about libtool's .la files

bug #71581 asks that lintian complain about packages that fail to ship .la
files as policy 11.2 requires.  I am not against this per se.

However, how am I to know that a package should ship a .la file?  When policy
refers to libs needing libltdl does it mean they dynamically link it?  So I
could use objdump to discover this?

It seems that discovering the use of libltdl should not be hard.  But the other
case of 'package used libtool and makes .la files which should appear in the
-dev package' is a lot harder.