Re: suid binaries should not be writable by owner

    s>  It's tricky... capabilities don't fix this.

I was considering the case where setuid root may not be required
because capabilities could be used instead.

    s>  And I know nothing about ACL's on UNIX systems. It must be
    s> something like "these users/groups may write, and these may
    s> read", but I don't know if they have something for the
    s> setuid/segid thing...

Yes. I was wondering the same thing myself...
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>