Re: [PROPOSAL] Allowing crypto in the main archive

On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, Jakob Bøhm wrote:

> Placing crypto software in any part of the main
> archive still has a very important legal problem:
<snip>

> Sorry, to be putting down a nice idea, but I would
> hate to see the project getting in trouble from
> checking only US laws.

'non-US' seems to be a misnomer nowadays (as it has been for some time
already). Should it perhaps be replaced by 'crypto' and 'patented', so
that both can be separately mirrored in different countries?

Remco
--
qn-195-66-31-144:  10:55pm  up 1 day,  4:19, 12 users,  load average: 2.20, 2.05, 1.79