Re: Path modification

> Jon Eisenstein <jon@dominia.dyn.dhs.org> writes:
> > I recently filed a bug report (80092) against the nmh package regarding
> > the location of its program files. It installs files into /usr/bin/mh,
> > which isn't in the path, making running the program difficult until the
> > reason is found.

MH is like that on every platform I've ever seen.  MH users should be
accustomed to altering their paths.

Folks who don't use or know of MH can't accidentally screw themselves by
typing 'import' (or whatever).

> > A suggestion was made by the maintainer to file a report against
> > base-files to add that to the default path

Golly, I hope it's not.

On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 11:03:53AM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> I thought the reason for putting mh commands into a separate directory
> was to avoid gratitous namespace pollution for the majority that doesn't
> use mh (given that mh uses a lot of commands with overly generic names).
>
> If the mh bin directory is in the default path, what's the point?

Agreed.

						- chad

--
Chad Miller <cmiller@surfsouth.com>   URL: http://web.chad.org/   (GPG)
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced".