Re: changelog bug-closing should not be used unless the code changes

On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 11:40:53AM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> Ben Collins wrote:
> > Let's drop this conversation to the affect that it is a one time deal to
> > take care of as many bugs as I possibly could in the shortest amount of
> > time. It's not like I or anyone else makes a practice of this.
>
> Actually I've been seeing a fair amount of it lately.

I used to do it shortly after I took over XFree86, but stopped because I
felt that bug closures caused by things that aren't changes in a package
didn't merit a place in my changelog.

I won't presume to decree that everyone else should share this reasoning,
and in fact it aggrieves me greatly to observe that iwj and I may be in
agreement on this issue.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |      I've made up my mind.  Don't try to
Debian GNU/Linux                |      confuse me with the facts.