Re: unusable examples in apckages ...

On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 09:22:25PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 11:58:58AM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > I noticed that various packages include (specially -dev packages) includes
> > examples in the /usr/share/doc/package directory. Often this examples will
> > just be copies of the directory in the source tree, which is totally unusable
> > once installed.
>
> Erm, so file bugs against the appropriate packages. Has this been
> unsuccessful?

I just filled a bug against libsdl1.0-dev, but i think there are lots of
package with this kind of problem (gtkglarea i think too) and maintianer are
maybe not aware of this. Also i have right now not the time to look at all
packages, and see if the examples are buildable, and report a bug if not.

Could a check for this be included in lintian maybe ?

Friendly,

Svne LUTHER