Re: ITP seahorse

You're mostly right, but there still needs to be notification: it just has
to be concurrent, not previous like I thought.  There is explicit
exemption of small keys, but those keys have been exempted all the
time.  The big issue is that it's easier to get the review--submit and
go. Publically available (ftp/http) crypto is explicitly okay--no need to
check if a .foreigngov addy or a .badguys addy is DLing, but still needs
to be vetted: the only thing is it cannot be "knowingly" transmitted:
uploaded or emailed to a .badguy or .foreigngov

http://www.bxa.doc.gov/Encryption/Default.htm

http://www.bxa.doc.gov/Encryption/nlr.htm

and most of the rest of the "Encryption" directory

the 1/14/00 press release is at

http://204.193.246.62/public.nsf/docs/60D6B47456BB389F852568640078B6C0#a

BTW, it checks out--nslookup says it's going to DOCUSER.osec.doc.gov,
typical bureaucratic garbage, I'm guessing (but a PITA to hand paste--#$%^
synaptics touchpads...).

--
Pardon me, but you have obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a
damn.