Re: Main depending on non-US/main

On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 12:56:22PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Josip Rodin wrote:

[on the topic of where should free software that can be distributed in
 the US, but Depends: on non-US software should go]

> > >  - non-US/main, because it is DFSG-free, yet depends on a non-US/main
> > >    package, and we should modify the policy wrt contrib, since we have
> > >    now split non-US
> > This is good, if you can survive if the package doesn't get on every
> > official Debian CD set.
> My favourite, stresses freedom and keeps the archive consistent.

Mine too. tkirc currently violates this (since ircii is in non-US/main). I
don't think anything else does. And archive consistency is a Good Thing.

Cheers,
aj

I don't speak for anyone save myself. GPG encrypted mail preferred.

                                      -- Dave Clark