Re: maintainers with bad email addresses

On 05-Apr-00, 13:19 (CDT), "Thomas Bushnell, BSG" <tb@MIT.EDU> wrote:
> I think it should be a requirement that Debian maintainers have email
> addresses which accept all validly formatted email, at least in
> response to bug-reporting discussions.  Is this controversial?

The problem is that some maintainers may be using a ISP that is using
something like ORBS or the DUL, and changing ISPs may not be a real
option.

The work around is to use the maintainer's debian.org address, or
pkgname@packages.debian.org. It would seem polite that the maintainer
set their "Reply-To:" to such an address when conducting a Debian
related conversation, but putting it in policy seems a little strong.

(Of course, if the Debian mailservers started using ORBS or DUL...no,
bad Steve!).

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read