Re: Custom undocumented(7)s are just as bad.

On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Juergen A. Erhard wrote:

> If Debian should ever start restricting package inclusion based on
> what a package does (judging quality of packaging is ok), it would be
> time to fork.  And I guess there'd be lots of people who'd think the
> same way.

I think if you judge 'quality' quite broadly things are more sensible -
for instance, if someone perfectly packaged something like GTK True, I
still wouldn't want to see it in Debian - it is just useless, and we
already have a true program :P

There is lots of junk like that floating around out there. It is either
somebodies idea of a joke, badly duplicates something we already have,
or is unbelievably trivial. (look at some of the stuff on freshmeat)

If nobody seriously wants to use a package then it must have very low
'quality' (either because it is bad or useless, or something) thus we
should consider carefully why it is being included in Debian.

Jason