Re: Changes in handling library dependencies

On 21 Jan 2000, Brian May wrote:

> It doesn't seem to work for the Kerberos libraries. For instance,
> libcyrus-sasl needs to link in the gssapi library, from heimdal-lib.
>
> Ideally, putting -lgssapi on the command line would be good
> enough - it isn't. I get lots of symbol undefined errors.

Without seeing the full details, it is more likely that you do not have
proper depends on the libraries. When you build libhgssapi makes sure to
tack on -lkrb5 -ldes -lasn1 ... etc You can use 'ldd' on the library to
check these. Again this only applies to dynamic libraries.

You can link a library with missing symbols but when you link a program to
that library the linker will complain.

Jason