Re: many packages still using /usr/doc

On Jan 09, Anand Kumria wrote:
> Here is an additional question: what standards release(s) will be
> allowed in potato?

My understanding is that >= 2.5.0.0 is acceptable for potato.  But I
don't think that's official or set in stone.

On the /usr/share/doc thing... if the maintainer has made substantive
changes to the package in the past few months (such as integrating new
upstream versions), I think it is reasonable to file a wishlist bug
that they comply with current policy.  It can then be upgraded to
important after potato is released.  However, I wouldn't go on a mass
bug reporting spree, since that is likely to piss a lot of people off
for no good reason.

Chris
|         Chris Lawrence          |         It's 2/3 of a beltway...        |
|    <quango@watervalley.net>     |     http://www.lordsutch.com/tn385/     |
|        Debian Developer         |         Your site belongs here.         |
|     http://www.debian.org/      |     [Commercialize your sig today!]     |