Re: [PROPOSAL] don't upload to "stable unstable" (was Re: BAHH. Retraction.)

On Wed, Dec 27, 2000 at 01:04:02PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> Ben Collins wrote:
> > I'm interested in hearing corner cases, so that they can also be covered
> > in a sort of multi-upload-howto. IMO, stable updates are not frequent
> > enough that this would be really hard.
>
> Well what about an architecture independany package that has not changed
> since the last debian release, and needs to be patched to fix a security
> hole. The exact same package is going to stable and unstable.

like:

stable:   pkg_1.1-1
unstable: pkg_1.1-1

should become

stable:   pkg_1.2-0.1
unstable: pkg_1.2-1

This way we always ensure that the unstable package builds against
unstable packages (usually requiring different policies, etc..). It
still ensures that we get the correct upgrade between the two.

Does that make sense?