Re: [PROPOSAL] Full text of GPL must be included

John Galt <galt@inconnu.isu.edu> writes:

> Widespread ignorance of the law is.  Name one binary packaging system that
> always includes the GPL when necessary.  Five years without a correct
> implementation is evidence of widespread ignorance or a changing playing
> field, take your choice.

It's quite relevant if one was aware of the facts at the time.  RMS
was unaware that Debian packages did not all include the GPL; he
assumed I think that they did without worrying about it much, and it
only came up recently.  So the FSF did not knowingly ignore the
violation (if it is one), which is the important point with respect to
estoppel.

Thomas